Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm a little behind of starting my new blog - but better late then never! So much has happened since I abandoned my old blog and I don't even know where to begin! Stephen and I were married on July 26, 2008. It was truly the best day of my life. It was the wedding I had always dreamed of and it couldn't have been more perfect. I really didn't think I would have enjoyed myself as much as I did. I really tried hard to let go of the little things & just enjoy the day. It was beautiful & I'm still glowing with happiness!

We planned to try for a baby right after the wedding but I really didn't think it would be as easy as it was! LOL! I always envisioned it taking a long time so when I found out I was pregnant on 8/24 (11 DPO) I was relieved & overjoyed. I do have to say that the pregnancy symptoms kicked in right away so I was having my suspicions early on. The first thing I noticed was cramping, dizziness & a bout of bleeding gums. I had a feeling something was up but I was in denial. When I took the test I didn't see a line right away & then a few minutes later I looked again & there it was - 2 pink lines! I was amazed! I really wanted to tell Stephen in a cute way but all I could do was giggle like a little girl when I came out of the bathroom. He knew what the giggle meant right away! We tried to keep the news to ourselves - but that only lasted a few days before we couldn't take it anymore & had to spill the beans. I tried to keep it from work for awhile but the women there were on to me right away! There was no hiding the bloating, frequent trips to the bathroom, coming in late and the constant snacking. It was a relief to tell them early because It was just one less thing for me to worry about.

The 1st trimester was pretty brutal for me. I only threw up twice but it was the constant nausea that lasted all day & night that was torture. I'm 15 weeks today and I feel much better. I've traded in nausea for daily headaches but I am learning to cope with all the wild & crazy symptoms. My mood has improved lately too. I am feeling really optimistic, excited & happy. I finally feel ready to think up names & shop. I haven't bought one single baby item yet. =( I can't wait to do some serious baby shopping!

I hope to keep you all updated with this blog & I promise to post some belly photos really soon. =) Stay tuned for more of this amazing adventure.
May 7, 2009 here we come!!!




1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I love it!!!!! I think you are having a BABY GIRL!!!!!