Sunday, March 01, 2009

Here is a quick update since I last wrote. All is good with Baby M. I am as big as a house & my cankles have good & bad days. I do not have gestational diabetes, thankfully, but that still doesn't explain my humongous belly. I am getting a little tired of hearing people tell me how huge I am & how huge I'm going to be because I still have about 9 weeks left. Hopefully the growth spurt slows down a little and the comments slow down even faster. I'd post a belly pic but I need to get up enough nerve to take one. I'm feeling less then cute lately. The baby is moving around a lot right now but I still think I've got a pretty mild mannered sweet pea in here. Knock on wood!

Stephen & I dropped out of our childbirth class. I know...I know...We're horrible! We went to the first of a series of four classes. It was pretty lame. I didn't really learn anything that I didn't already know & it was kind of corny. The class was really small so everyone kind of got put on the spot and we were forced to participate. It kind of felt like one of my infamous work meetings that I despise. We weren't really prepared either. All the other couples had mats & nice pillows & we had a tiny blanket & some worn out couch pillows. I wasn't dressed for it either. My stupid jeans were too snug & I had the darnedest time get on the floor to do the recommended stretches. It was comical. Anyway, by the time our second class rolled around we both decided it wasn't for us. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do some research on relaxation techniques but as anxiety prone as I am I have developed quite a few techniques over the years. I think they'll all fly out the window when the worst of the pain is upon me...but all I can do is try & be as informed as possible. I do regret that we missed the class where they show the 70s birth video. I guess I'll have to search that out for Stephen's viewing pleasure. I want him to be prepared so he doesn't totally freak out when he sees the baby being born. I'm more worried about how he's going to handle the birth then how I will!

We've been doing some nesting to prepare for Baby M's arrival. We bought a new four door car! We have joined the adult world. Thankfully, it's not you typical mom car. It's a Ford Escape & I love it! I can't wait to put the bay's car seat in there! We've also been cleaning out the baby's room & organizing the other rooms in the house. I promise to post photos of how the room is coming along. My shower is not until March 28th but we've already been given lots of adorable, little outfits & toys. I love going through the box of baby stuff & looking at everything. My work is also planning a shower for me. I'm very honored & thankful but it's also going to be quite stressful. I feel a little guilty for them going out of their way for me & plus I feel like it was just a few months back that they had a bridal shower for me. I got so many gifts at my bridal shower. It was so overwhelming & amazing. Despite how bad I want to get out of there I guess in many ways I do have it good. Everyone is really nice with the exception of the big boss who gives me stress attacks weekly. I have four more weeks until I am freeeeee! Free at last! I do feel bad to get a ton of gifts & then not come back. How mean of me, huh?

I guess my quick update ended up being not so quick. I had a wonderful weekend with the love of my life & now I'm going to put my cankles up, have a Lifesaver Popsicle & cuddle with my furry lovies. I have about 9 weeks of pregnancy left - give or take. Time is flying by...In no time Baby M will arrive. The anticipation is as huge as my belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'll never get to hear the employment fate of the girl at the Pizza Port...

Take a belly picture! You are beautifully pregnant! :)

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Where are the belly pics????