Thursday, November 05, 2009

Where do I begin?

We are finally settled in our new home. By settled in I mean we are somewhat unpacked. By somewhat unpacked I mean we still have a garage full of unopened boxes and I can't find any of my shoes or winter sweaters. I try to unpack here & there but I usually get sidetracked with cleaning the kitchen, changing diapers, taking the dog out to pee or entertaining the little munchkin. I think if I have one day entirely to myself I can really get somewhere but it seems lately that I am always being pulled in one direction or another. Besides if I had the free time I'd probably chose to get my hair cut or a pedicure. I am sporting the frumpy mom look and when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I don't even recognize me. Photos are the worst. A recent photo actually brought me to tears. I need to pull myself together. Where do I even begin? I used to be cute. lol

The new house is great. I love the kitchen, especially the dishwasher! I really missed having a bath tub but now that I have one it isn't getting much use. I kid you not, every time I get in the bath no matter how long Sydney has been sleeping she wakes up & cries for me. I think it's some cruel joke. She also likes to poop every time we are out at a restaurant. So if I need her to wake up I will take a bath & if she hasn't pooped in days I will take her to a restaurant. These techniques should work every time! Despite a few fussy days (the poor thing is teething) she is such a doll. She's so loving and funny. Her personality is really shining through. I love her so much and I feel so lucky to have her in my life. She's growing so fast. Today she got her second pair of ear molds for her hearing aids. I can't believe how much her ear grew in 3 months. I'll always cherish her 1st little pair. She was without the aids for over a week & when she got them turned on again she had the biggest happy grin. Well that was until she pulled them out and thew them on the floor! It's going to be a struggle keeping them in and out of her mouth.

She's awake & calling for me...so until we meet again.

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Car...Welcome back to the BLOG!!!! Let me know if you need a day..I can watch the munchkin on a Tues or a Thurs any week. Sorry we missed you guys at Gregs the other night.