Saturday, July 16, 2011
Sydney's Big Girl Room
Sydney finally got her big girl bed! It's been an adventure getting her to sleep in it but once she's asleep she stays sleeping and stays put all night. It's a start, I guess. I put a ton of love into every detail of her "new" room. If I had a bigger budget I would have really gone all out but I think I did well. Just about everything is from Ikea or Target. I still have some wall shelves & artwork to hang. The picture that is the header for this blog is a Pearl Jam poster we bought to hang in her room. The screen print version we have is green & brown & will look really great with the color of her walls. I think we'll hang it where the Raggedy Anne & Andy picture currently resides & I'll relocate them somewhere else in the room. The Raggedy A&A picture used to hang in my room when I was little.
Bed, rug, & mosquito netting from Ikea. I got the chadelier from Ikea as well and I added some little plastic flower crystals to it. Bedding from Target on clearance. Score!
I refinsished this toy box last year. It was a plain wood toy box that my sister-in-law was getting rid of. I painted it, added wood letters & decoupaged the details from pretty paper I had been collecting.
My mother-in-law got the butterfly hook from Ross & I bought the other two hooks from Pier One.
The dresser & bookshelf are from Target.
Photo clothesline
Close-up of the dresser. I bought the rose drawer pulls from Cost Plus.
Lamp & curtains from Target. The lamp was on clearance too. Another score! I love the curtains. I'm so glad to be rid of the heavy green blackout curtains that never worked at getting Syd to sleep in.
I got this pretty little bunny from my aunt at Sydney's baby shower. It said Welcome Baby M but I changed it to say Sydney.
I decorated with the pinwheels my mom made for Sydney's 1st bday
This was also something she made for Syd's 1st bday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The nursery and Sydneys room look great! I especially love Sydney's bed (it's fit for a princess!!). You also look beautiful. I can not believe the baby will be here soon, I can not wait to meet him or her!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you a lot and can't wait to see you. Keep me updated ok (or just keep blogging). I love you :)
Post a Comment