I didn't get much sleep last night. I had probably one of the worst nightmares I've ever had. I can't even talk about it because it was so awful. The emotions I felt in my dream were so strong & real. It felt like it really happened. It was really ugly. I woke up out of breath and in tears which I don't think has ever happened as a result from a nightmare. I stayed awake for another hour before having enough courage to fall back to sleep. I've always had weird dreams & sometimes terrifying ones but they always have felt unreal. This felt real.
I always find it weird when people say they don't dream or can't remember their dreams. I have an average of 3-4 different dreams a night & I remember every detail. I think it can be a burden and quite exhausting because my mind is constantly working - even while asleep. I hope tonight I don't dream or at least I can have a pleasant dream. I have been hoping to have at least one baby dream! I haven't had a single dream about the baby. Maybe tonight will be different.
Anyway, today I am 16 weeks exactly. Here is what Baby M is up to.
Week 16 of Pregnancy: Baby's Hearing Develops
This little one's a looker — with a face that has both eyebrows and eyelashes — but a skinny looker since there's no baby fat yet. Baby's crown-to-rump measurement is between four and five inches, and weight is around three ounces.
Listen up: Tiny bones in your fetus's ears are in place this week, making it likely that the baby can hear your voice when you're speaking (or singing in the shower)at 16 weeks pregnant. In fact, studies have found that babies who are sung to while they're in the womb recognize the same tune when it's sung to them after they are born (so choose your baby Muzak with that in mind…). And baby's busily boning up in other ways. For one, the backbone (along with the back muscles) is stronger now — strong enough, in fact, to enable your baby to work on straightening his or her head and neck even more. Baby's crown-to-rump measurement is between four and five inches in length, and weight is hovering around three ounces.
This little one's a looker — with a face that has both eyebrows and eyelashes — but a skinny looker since there's no baby fat yet. And here's the skinny on baby skin: It's practically translucent now, so if you took a peek inside your uterus, you'd be able to see your baby's blood vessels under that thin skin.
2 comments:
Sorry about your crazy dream...you dream a lot more than normal when you are prego...at least I did. and hey...I knew your baby was going to be a looker...I just meant something else...LOL Happy sleeping tonight!!!!
Wow your almost at the halfway mark!! Hurry up and get here already!
Post a Comment