Monday, April 06, 2009

I am free! I am officially on maternity leave and hopefully this means more time for blogging and other fun stuff. I got up a little late this morning because I was up most of the night with an evil tummy ache. I got up and did a load of laundry, watered my plants and took Woody out to pee. Now I'm back in bed, just finished off a big bowl of Honeycombs & am watching some trashy daytime television. It's heaven. I must say that I still haven't broke my emotional ties with work & I keep worrying about what might slip through the cracks. I can't help myself. It's been harder to leave work then I thought it would be. Everyone that knows me knows my hatred for work, well not work or hard work itself but just all the icky office politics that goes along with it. I should be happy to rid myself of the drama, seeing people get fired or embarrassed in meetings...but somehow I think I may miss it a little...just a little. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be a SAHM and I know it will be the toughest, most rewarding job I'll ever have. I am just a little sentimental. I know it will change when Baby M arrives. Plus I am loving my time off.

My family & work baby showers were at the end of the month and I can't wait to post photos here. We got so much stuff. We only had to buy a few necessities because we were so lucky enough to get most of the things we need. My mom did such a great job of putting the shower together. Everyone chipped in & played a part in making the shower special. My mother-in-law, aunts, sister-in-law-to-be, niece, cousin & best friend all came together to help. It was awesome! It was a beautiful day, the food was awesome and everyone showed us so much love and support. Our baby is so loved already and it makes me beyond happy. Thanks everyone!

My work shower was last week and it was very nice. All my co-workers bought me gifts, even a girl that started the day before! We got a ton of baby goodies. There was an adorable cake & we did a few games. It ended up being a lot less stressful then I imagined. My co-workers are awesome...most of them anyway.

At both of my showers we polled people to see what sex they believe Baby M to be. Everyone is convinced Baby M is a Boy...If Baby M is a girl people are going to be very surprised. Soooooo, we'll see how correct everyone is. This is so much fun!!!

The nursery is almost done. I need to empty some shelves but everyone is set up. I'll take photos today. I love the way the room looks. It's so darn cute! There isn't much of a theme but there are lots of sweet animals everywhere. My mom made me the most gorgeous baby bedding I have ever seen. It's so special. I'll post photos soon...I promise.

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

looking forward to the photo's of the nursery. Caro-I am still all wrapped up int he drama at work. The girls still keep me in the loop. But I know what you mean. I love staying home...but I miss parts of my old job. c u soon!!!!