Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sydney is 16 weeks old today!

I'm back! It's been a long time. Sydney is keeping me extra busy these days. She has grown so much and has brought so much joy to our lives. She is such a sweet & happy baby girl. A lot has happened since my last post. I quit my job in late July. It was really hard to leave. I didn't think it would be so hard. I have wanted to be a stay at home mom for so long but when it came down to quitting it just wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. My boss and co-workers were kind and understanding and that made it much easier for me. Believe it or not, I do miss working & certain aspects of my previous daily routine but I love my new life. I am very lucky that I am able to stay at home with Sydney and I wouldn't have it any other way. She needs me and I couldn't imagine having to leave her.

Since I last wrote Sydney was diagnosed with mild/moderate hearing loss. Although this news is not ideal, we have learned to accept it. We know that there is no way that we could have prevented it. Even though I have had a few months to let it all soak in, I still have my bad days. Actually, I would say there are more bad "moments" then bad days. Once I look at Sydney all the sadness melts away. I am trying not to waste anymore energy on sadness and instead I am using that energy to find the best resources for Sydney. I know she will be fine & learn to speak just like any other child. I just want her to be loved and accepted. I don't want people to feel sorry for her or judge her when they see her hearing aids. She is just like any other child and Stephen & I will not let anything stand in her way.

We have had so much love & support from family. I also met a wonderful women whose son Evan has hearing loss. He was born a few days before her & has the same exact type of loss. I hope our families become life long friends. It's so nice to have someone to talk to who understands what we're going through. We've been e-mailing and we spoke on the phone for over an hour. I'm so thankful to have found her. I can't wait until Sydney & Evan can meet.
Here are photos of Sydney getting her hearing aids : Sydney Hears

So much has happened! We are also in the process of buying out first home. It's not a done deal until the paperwork is signed but we are preparing to pack up. I'm so excited and naturally, a little stressed. I can't wait to move and finally be able to have a dishwasher, bathtub & storage. It is bittersweet though because I will miss this little blue house. So many wonderful things have happened while we've been living here. I know I'll cry when we leave. I'll always love this little old love shack. We'll have a new place to create memories and I am excited. I am excited to see Woody explore the yard, Lily lounge in front of the fireplace, Stephen work on the house & Sydney take her first steps. As for me, I just want to take a bubble bath. :)

3 comments:

Audrey Jean said...

I am so happy to be a part of your lives as you guys experience all of these milestones!

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Your blog made me cry. You, Stephen and Sydney are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I look forward to our kids growing up together and learning from each other.

Loretta McRae said...

I miss you all very much. Give baby Sydney a kiss for me.