Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Half Birthday Sydney!


My baby is 6 months old already. I can't believe how fast the months are flying. She is getting so big and more beautiful by the day. She is so smart and silly. She is starting to voice her opinion. She protests when I take her out of the bath now. She loves splashing around in the tub just like her mommy. She also gets upset when you won't share your drink with her. She recently realized that cups are just like bottles. She will try to grab your diet coke, beer or whatever you are drinking. She will try to steal little kids sippy cups if they are in sight. She grabbed her grandma's cup today before we could stop her & she knew to tip it to get a drink! Yesterday I was "pretend" scolding her for giving her daddy a hard time while I was taking a bath. She gave me these big puppy dog eyes & used her little finger to twirl her hair. She looked like she was 13! I am trying to soak in all these little moments with my little girl. I know before I know it she'll be headed off to kindergarten...and then college! It's strange how sentimental motherhood has made me. I get so weepy just looking at her. I get teary eyes watching commercials! I never got this way when I was pregnant. I've become a sappy mess.
...We've been so busy since we moved. Sydney keeps me on my toes & it's been tough to make time to get the new house in order...or myself in order! I am going to start my new year's resolutions early. I really need to get this house unpacked & lose some weight. I am not feeling great about myself these days. I've been running around & taking Sydney to her appointments & feeling unbelievably stressed. I'm so unorganized and it's been tough remembering what appointment we have & on what day. I need a blackberry! If I had the money I'd splurge on one...or maybe some running shoes, a haircut or a pedicure. I also came to the realization that not having an income sucks. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change staying home with Sydney for anything - but it's not a great feeling to not be contributing financially to the household. I know it's "our" money but I know a lot of stay at home moms who feel the same way. It seems weird to buy my husband a Christmas present with money he earned. It also seems so frivolous to use his hard earned money to have my toes done or my hair colored. I'm hoping to make some time to craft & finally get my online store going. Someday...If only there were more hours in the day to do everything I have on my to do list! I just need to take it one day at a time. First thing first...make a to do list!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love you Caroline. You are the most wonderful cousin, person and mommy. Can't wait to see you and your beautiful baby!

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Caro..I enjoye dout talkth eother day. I know its kind of selfish but it makes me feel better knowing anothe SAHM feels the same way I did. That being said some things will change soon. I promise. We need a playdate. Let me know a good time for you girls.