Friday, April 09, 2010

Happy 11 months

My beauty!




Sydney is walking! She started walking 2 days before she turned 11 months old and a week after her bottom teeth broke through. The last couple of weeks have been full of amazing milestones. She gets more beautiful everyday. She is such a sweet, loving, feisty little thing. Walking is bittersweet...It's exciting but yet she is moving closer & closer to toddlerhood.

All these milestones have wreaked havoc on Sydney's sleep schedule. She has been fighting her naps & waking up many times throughout the night. The nighttime routine is the same. I go in & comfort her, rearrange blankets, give her her paci and hand her Roo. Then she falls immediately back to sleep, I get back in bed, start to fall asleep and it happens all over again. This happens up to 7 times a night. Every time I hear her cry out I can feel my blood pressure rise. It's been physically and mentally draining. I can't really let her cry because Stephen wakes at 4am for work. I think this weekend we're going to have to try sleep training again. I have really put my own well being on the back burner lately and things are about to change. I have changed my diet, started to exercise and hopefully a peaceful night's sleep will follow. I have 20 lbs to lose and I am motivated by more then just vanity now. I really need to get healthy. Follow me on this journey. I weighed in this past Tuesday and I'll post weekly updates here.

In my quest to nurture my creative self, I photographed the newest member of our family. My niece, Alexis Sunshine. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.





Isn't she cute?
P.S. Despite the sadness of Sydney becoming a toddler...I am so excited for her 1st birthday party. I went to Micheal's & Dollar Tree yesterday and bought craft stuff to make Zoo themed decorations. I can't wait to give you all a "preview". Eek! I'm excited! Did I already say that?

3 comments:

grace said...

Walking!! Yea! yikes! Sleep deprived I'm still at it 12yrs later:) Sleeping arrangements were whatever so we were all happy! That meant rounds of different beds but it's all good now. Love the picture and the little one walking. I could lose a few...uhm depends who's thinking at the moment. hehee lv gc

Christine said...

Such a beautiful baby girl! Or should I say toddler now!

Meghan said...

Thanks for participating in the Monday Madness blog hop! We hope your Monday isn't too "Madness-y"

Meghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
www.mygreatretreat.com