Friday, April 01, 2011

22 weeks


I'm 22 weeks today! I'm only up 7lbs total but my belly is gigantic. I can't imagine that I still have 18 weeks to go. I am anticipating a belly full of stretchmarks this time around. :( I think I'm carrying slightly lower this time. I had my anatomy scan a few weeks ago & everything looked just perfect. At the last minute Stephen wasn't able to go & so I had to go solo. It really wasn't a big deal since we are waiting to find out the sex of the baby. The ultrasound tech was super awesome & she took some extra special shots for Stephen. This baby moves a ton! Stephen is already able to feel kicks while touching my belly. I swear this kid is trying to claw it's way out. I'm hearing lots of guesses as to the sex of the baby & it's about 50/50 this time around. I've been leaning towards the baby being a boy for the last few weeks but I really don't have a reason other then the ultrasound printout looks like Stephen. As far as symptoms/old wive's tales go, this pregnancy is very similar to my first. I've actually had slightly less pregnancy symptoms then with Sydney but I am way more anxious this time. I am constantly worrying about losing the baby & every little cramp or pain freaks me out. I think all the scary bleeding in the beginning has really put me in a weird state of mind. I hate feeling I have no control. I'll feel somewhat better when this baby reaches a stage when it can survive outside the womb. That's still a few weeks away so until then I'll be trying to keep busy to keep the worry away.


Sydney is growing up so fast. She's been giving me a bit of a hard time with whining, crying & the occasional tantrum. Hellooooo Terrible Twos! She's so funny & loving and it's easy to forgive & forget. I just hope I can survive two kids and not go completely insane. I'm trying to keep myself in denial about how life will change come August. I feel like things have finally fallen into place & then here we go ruining all the peace by having another. What the heck are we doing? We'll survive and I am excited to welcome this new special child into our lives. It's been hard to focus on this pregnancy while my life currently revolves around Sydney but in the evening when I have my quiet time alone I have enjoyed feeling this little monster kick & squirm. I am imagining who is making so much ruckus in there. This baby is so loved and will only make are family better and more whole.

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Very sweet blog...you are such a sweet person and a wonderful mommy...