Monday, April 18, 2011

24 weeks & happy!

I made it to 24 weeks pregnant! Whoo hoo! Viability week! I know 24 weeks is not out of the woods for complications but I will admit that I do have a tiny bit of peace knowing that this baby could possibly survive outside the womb at this point. I've been such a Nervous Nelly this whole pregnancy and a little peace of mind goes a long way. I'm beginning to realize that knowledge isn't always power. All the reading I do online, on message boards, in the news and in books has really messed with my mind. Ignorance is bliss, sometimes. Anyway, I'm feeling great. I'm starting to pack on the pounds and develop those pregnancy aches and pains but otherwise I'm healthy & loving being pregnant. I feel like I've got the longest road ahead & the hardest since I will be as big as a house during the dog days of summer.

Life is great these days. I was sitting here on the couch the other day with my Sydney girl & I was just thinking to myself how amazingly happy I am. I can't remember ever being this happy as a "grown-up". Life isn't perfect, but it as darn close to it as it has ever been. I really hate to even speak of or acknowledge my happiness for fear that I will jinx myself. I feel like by admitting to happiness the Happy Gods will suddenly take it from me and slap me in the face with something awful. I hate feeling undeserving of happiness. I need to enjoy all this wonderfulness and stop living in fear.

My happiness these days comes straight from my hubby & my little beam of sunshine. Sydney is such a joy. She is so funny & amazingly smart. She makes me laugh everyday. She loves to sing, dance and be silly. She is saying new words everyday and even counts to ten & sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the top of her lungs. She even sings a punk version. haha! She loves her family, her pets & her menagerie of stuff toys. She is doing so well in speech therapy. Maybe a little too well. We have her 6 month evaluation on Wednesday and I fear that they will want to cut us off of services because she is so ahead. It would be awful if that happened because she loves "school" and we both get so much out of it. I know (without a doubt) that she wouldn't be where she is now without school. We'll know more on Wednesday but I am pretty sure that they will want to pull us from her school sometime this fall. Think good thoughts for us that they will let us stay.

I have a ton of photos to post but I'm lazy and ready for bed. I promise to do better next post. :)

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

yeah 24-weeks!!!! Glad the doc put things at ease for you....