Monday, May 23, 2011

Party Details

Sydney's 2nd Birthday took place at Irvine Park Railroad. It was a beautiful, spring day and the birthday girl couldn't have looked more beautiful in her pretty blue blouse. 60 or so of our closest family and friends were there to celebrate our sweet girl. We had a private area all to ourselves. It was the perfect party venue. Daddy & both Grandpas helped BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs. Mommy, Grandma Diana & Auntie Debbie made yummy sides. Grammy Linda handmade lovely table decorations. There was bounce house, a pinata and lots of sweets. All the kids got to ride the train that circles the park. There was also plenty of room for the kids to run around & explore. The adults were able to relax & enjoy the outdoor air. It was a fabulous day. What made it even more special was that the bday girl really enjoyed herself. We are so blessed to have so many friends & family that love our girl. Family even drove down from Northern California to celebrate with us. We are so loved!
Our private picnic area. It was so open & pretty. The weather was perfect.
The BBQ area
Sydney's Bday sign. My mom made it last year for Sydney's 1st bday. I just sewed over the 1st bday pennant from last year & changed it to say 2nd. I'll make a new number pennant to add to the banner every year.
The choo choo train bounce house. It was a hit.
The yummy birdie cake.

The candy & cookie birdie train I made. I alternated filling the cars with M&M favors & cookie pops.

The train decorating the cake table.

Since we were having the party at the train park I tried to think up a way to "girlie up" a train theme. I combined the idea of birdies & choo choos.
Name badges for the kiddies

More cookie favors & cake batter rice krispies treats.

Beautiful birdie decorations made by my mom.

No comments: