
My baby turned two! I couldn't be prouder of her. She is sweet, affectionate, (mostly) well behaved and smart. At 2 years old she is able to count to ten, sing several songs including the entire alphabet and speak over a hundred words. Not bad for a child with a hearing loss, eh? She loves to sing, dance and run wild. She loves balloons, stars, animals and acting silly. She wants to be independent & insists on doing everything on her own & in her own way. She's also very observant and picks up new skills easily. She is my joy and my world.
We spent her birthday morning having brunch with Minnie & friends at Disneyland. It was a blast. I had made reservations early in the week to surprise Stephen & Sydney. I think they both loved it.



This weekend we are having a big birthday party for her at the park. I've been busy trying to plan, shop & get things ready for the fiesta. We figured that by doing it at the park we'd reduce a lot of stress & money. Not so much! We are expecting close to 80 people & 26 of those are children. I have a ton of cooking & shopping to do this week. Plus I still have a full schedule of taking Sydney to speech & rehearsals for the school's spring performance. Eek! At least I don't have to clean the house for the party. There is a part of me that thrives on the stress of party planning. It's the event planner in me! There are so many cute ideas I had for this party but somehow along the way I lost focus & a theme. I'ts pretty much morphed into one hodge podge of a party. I'm excited though. Wish me luck that my sanity remains after Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment