
2012 started out rough. We rang in the new year with two sick girls and lots of craziness. Things seem to be slowing down but I'm not ready to catch my breath just yet.
Two girls, two fur balls & a hubby have been keeping me busy. Syd has a full schedule which includes gymnastics, preschool and speech. In between that we have lunches, play dates and Dr. appointments galore. In our free time we've been taking advantage of these unusually warm winter days by gardening & playing outside. Life is busy...but lovely. The house is always a disaster of unfolded clothes piles, milk cups piled in the sink and toys strewn all around. I'm desperately trying to balance a clean house and having fun. Fun usual wins out these days. I'll save cleaning for a rainy day.
Kate
My sweet lil baby is 7 months old. She's is a loving, smiley, feisty, little chub. She has a big laugh and a loud cry. She is such a mama's girl. She is attached to me 24/7. It's a little rough at times. I haven't had a break in months & I feel worn out. She cries when anybody else holds her which makes it difficult to escape. She's been a little better with having people hold her but she's always scanning the room for me & if she catches a glimpse of me she will let out an ear piercing wail until I rescue her. I think despite the fact that I am desperate for a break I am attached to her in the same way she is attached to me. I get serious anxiety when other people hold her. It's kind of pathetic that we are so co-dependent. I know this won't be forever. She is probably my last baby and I'm trying to enjoy our bond because she'll be grown up before I can blink. I have been fantasizing about a date with my husband. I really miss alone time with him.
Sydney
Sydney is such an angel. She is talking so much and so well. She is so much fun to be around. She is so affectionate, loving & gentle. She started preschool 2 days a week and is doing so well. She's coming out of her shell in social situations and I have seen her personality blossom. Within a span of two weeks she had her 2nd PE tube surgery and performed on stage at her school's winter performance. She did so well with both events. I'm so proud of her.
In other news
We're going to start fixing up our backyard and I'm so excited! It's my happy place and I could seriously spend all day out there. It will be nice to have a place that is more accessible to the girls. Right now it's wild but there are lots of exciting things planned. I can't wait to share them with you. For now, Sydney and I added some new flowers to her garden and started a veggie garden. We're going to make a pumpkin patch too. I'll share photos soon. Oh, and I already have BIG plans for the girl's birthdays. I can't wait! Fun stuff ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment