Lots of stuff going on, as usual. Kate followed in her big sister's footsteps and got ear tubes. She did great and was actually a whole new baby until the teething hit! She's been super fussy and when she's not cranky she is getting into everything. The only time she's content for a moment is when she's stuffing rice crackers or a puff into her mouth. She's refusing pureed baby food & I'm started giving her tiny pieces of table food which she loves. She's so cute and silly. When I tell her to clap she gets really excited and furiously claps her chubby little hands. I love this stage but it's also frustrating. I am looking forward to getting her into her own bed. It will happen one day. I hope!
Sydney is definitely going through lots of developmental changes. Her communication skills grow stronger everyday. Along with all the exciting changes comes lots of extremes. She will be so happy & giddy and then something will set off a crying spell. Today she cried because her balloon flew away, and because her shoe fell off, and because Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ended, and because she couldn't find a ball, oh and there were several meltdowns at the park. Tomorrow will be much of the same, I am sure. I've heard that 3 is more challenging then 2, and here we are. Despite the ups & downs, I really do love this stage best. She is so much fun. Tonight, I laid down with her at bedtime and we were chatting about different things. She's so excited for her upcoming birthday party. We've been working on lots of decorations and she even helped put the invitations together. The afternoons spent gardening or sitting on the new stone wall in our backyard are the best.
Here are some photos of my favorite place in the whole world. Our Garden of Weedin'. It's always a work in progress...
Sydney's garden is in bloom. I harvested the nasturtium seeds last year and I have them growing all over the yard.
Sydney helped plant these pots...and a sneak preview of some decor for her strawberry party.
Strawberries galore!
I made this little fairy garden. :)
My veggie garden
Geraniums and sunflowers
Hummingbird house
The very 1st bloom of my Eden climbing rose.
Nasturtium
I planted a watermelon, pumpkin and sunflower patch for the girls. I'll take some photos once things start growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment