Friday, June 24, 2011

34 weeks today!

Farewell bikini! Sporting a bathing suit (tent) at 34 weeks exactly!

I'm getting close! I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week. Everything is making me cry. I can't sleep and I'm so bored of the food on this damn GD diet. I "cheated" & ate a cupcake at a bday party last weekend & I almost cried because it was so delicious. I just want to get to the end already...but then when I think of Sydney not being my only baby I start crying & want the days to pass slowly even if it means eating my weight in peanut butter & eggs. It's really pathetic! Other then being a sappy, teary eyed mess, I am feeling great. I'm starting to swell some & getting a bit of hip pain at night but I feel (and look) nothing like I did with Syd. My GD numbers have been excellent so I'm pretty confident I can stay off insulin & remain diet controlled. I'm just so sick of the whole thing but I know it's best for baby & me. I've only gained 19lbs this entire pregnancy and up until this week I've had lots of energy. Syd is on vacation from school so my schedule has been disrupted. It's made me really lazy. I'm putting all my energy into getting the baby's room ready but I'm depending on Stephen to do some work to the room before I can do all the fun, detailed stuff. I'm anxious to get everything put together & I desperately need to get Syd into her big girl bed before too long. I've been having quite a bit of painful contractions so I'm scared this baby will come early and the house will be a mess. I've begun nesting! I'm starting to notice dust on base boards & water drops on the bathroom mirror. Help, it's beginning! I remember with Syd I was up one morning at 5:45am baking blueberry muffins. Yesterday I planted flowers in Syd's garden and last night I was up making jam from the apricots we picked off of our tree. It's crazy! I should be sleeping now but here I am blogging to my 13 (loyal?)followers. I've got so much swirling around in my head which makes it hard to sleep. Things I have yet to do around here, needing a date night with the hubs, my baby shower, all the things I want to do with my sweet girl before this baby comes, boy or girl?, baby names (we have none), baby's hearing, Sydney after the baby comes, my sanity after the baby comes, who is kicking my bladder all night long?. Sigh...I keep telling myself to calm down. "It will all be ok". Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

more apricot jam..yummo!!!! somehow thats all I remember...hahaha. Soon baby will be here and you will be wonderfing what life was like withjust 1 kid. Looking forward to meeting thenew Madrid.