Wednesday, June 08, 2011

If it's not one thing it's another! Now I have a UTI! First a subchrionic bleed, then a kidney stone, then GD...and now this! Arghhhh...I'm somewhat nearing the end so I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. The end result will be another sweet baby. At least I'm feeling a little more upbeat about having GD since my last post. The GD diet is still a drag but I am learning to live with it. My numbers have all been excellent with the exception of the time I slipped & ate a grilled chicken sandwich & 2 waffle fries from Chik-fil-a. I've also found that banana & even healthy cereals raise my morning blood sugar to just below the max so I need to be careful about portion sizes. In addition to boring eggs, nuts & cheese I have managed to figure out how much of my favorite foods I can eat without making my blood sugar go haywire. Tonight Stephen, Syd & I went out to dinner & I had carnitas, 1 small tortilla, avocado, beans & salad...plus a few tortilla chips & my blood sugar was completely normal. I did do some speed walking after dinner though. I try to walk or do some sort of exercise after every meal which I hope to keep up after the baby is born. I'm doing OK although the list of "bad foods" I want after delivery is growing. I recently added Italian cookies & spumoni ice cream cake to my list after going to an Italian deli with my father in law the other day. I could have cried looking at all the goodies in the bakery case. I want pasta so bad. I am dreaming of lasagna & garlic bread. Plus crispy tacos! Oh & I want tres leches cake after seeing someone make it on the food network. Mmmmm, Mmmmmm! At this rate I will probably gain more weight after the baby arrives. I've been trying to take my mind off of food by nesting. This week I'm working on my sewing craft area, the new nursery & Syd's room. I'm so excited! We bought Sydney a big girl bed and some pretty bedding. I will post photos once everything is set-up. Eek! I'm so giddy over decorating. I'm looking forward to sharing the end result very soon.

No comments: