No it's NOT twins!
22 weeks & 3 days!
22 weeks & 3 days!
2009 has been rough so far! What a week! Work has been extremely stressful. The big boss has been a nightmare and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to stay out of her radar. I don't think anyone in the office is immune to her wrath but somehow I feel like I've been her favorite target lately. This women is going to give me early labor is she doesn't let up. I feel so terrible for subjecting my baby to such an ugly environment. Stress can't be good for the baby and for me! There were a few days where I started tearing up at my desk but I sucked it up & kept going. I only have a few more months of work & I can get through this. My boss is fairly understanding & she told me she would understand if I don't return from maternity leave. She's ready to bail herself! My boss and I are meeting with the "evil one" on Wednesday about the expectations and concerns she has with our department. Ugh...Hopefully after Wednesday she finds some other victims!
I also had a terrible doctors appointment on Tuesday. I had an acupuncture appointment to relieve siatica & tension. I was really looking forward to it! The doctor ended up being an eccentric kook who told me my problem was that I gained too much weight already. She made me do some stretches, told me to walk more & sang me a childish little song about all the foods that I am no longer allowed to eat. No acupuncture! She said my baby was going to be gigantic & if I keep gaining weight it will be hard to get the baby out. She made me feel like a bad mom & not to mention a fat ass! I have gained more weight then I probably should have for this week of pregnancy but I'm eating healthy. I do get cravings for bad food which I occasionally give into but for the most part I eat pretty well. I do eat more then I used to because I eat breakfast (which I never used to) & I snack during the day. If I go too long without eating I get so terribly hungry! I am trying to cut my juice & sugar intake. I was addicted to juice for awhile & I'm sure that it's part of the reason I put on weight. It's just hard to find something healthy to drink other then water! Sugary drinks are bad, caffeine is bad, diet soda is bad...what else is there to drink!? It's terrible...I am just trying to do everything in moderation. I am going to listen to my body & start walking in the evenings. I can't help that I have a baby King Kong in my belly!
Other then the above rant, things are good. I love my husband (who is currently watching relaxing on the sofa), my family, my fur babies & this little wiggle worm who is making his/her presence known as I type. I am so thankful for everything I have. Despite my crappy job situation, I love my life.
I can't believe I'm already 23 weeks & counting! Time is flying! Guess what!? I think we may have picked our baby girl name! We're keeping it a secret for now. =) We have a few boy names but all the boy names I like are taken by people we know. Ugh, it's tough! I really hate sharing my favorite names because people make the rudest comments. So I apologize to those of you who are dying to know our names but I don't want to taint any of the names we've picked. It's bad enough that my husband has shot down some of the names I really like! LOL!
Check out our registry on Baby's R Us. It's mostly done although I may change a few things. Registering was so stressful! Who knew a baby required so many gadgets! Although I'd like to think of myself as an informed mom to be I'm still pretty clueless about a lot of things. This is going to be harder than I thought! Despite my worries, I can not wait to meet this baby & be a mom. 117 days to go!
3 comments:
It's so good that you can remain positive and see the bright side of things even when things aren't going well at work and at the crazy acupuncturist! You should probaby feel thankful that person DIDN'T stick you with needles! Hang in there; there is so much joy in your future!
You looked great today and you are a GREAT mommy. don't listen to that crazy acupunture lady. You listen to your body and your heart. The number one thing right now is that wiggle worm in your belly. And kudos to you and Stephen for keeping your names a secret. I like surprises and this one is going to be a double!!!!
Tonight Jimmy told me that he though you looked so cute pregnant. Then he said...I miss you being pregnant and rubbing the belly. I asked him if he told you how cute you looked and he said no. I told him that he should have. Pregnant women need to hear compliments like that....at least I did.
Post a Comment