Sorry I've been M.I.A...Our Internet was out at home & I try to keep my Internet use to The Bump only during working hours. LOL. After a long meeting yesterday much of my work stress has been alleviated. There's still lots of work tension & drama but I think I can manage until April. I think my 1st day of maternity leave will be April 2nd! My doctor will sign me out 4 weeks early & I will take some comp days I've been saving prior to that. I just don't think I can last one more day past April 2nd. I'm so ready for some time off before "D Day". Kudos to those women who work up until thier due date. I just can't do it.
So here's what's happened since I last wrote:
I was in L&D 2 weeks ago. It ended up being what they thought was a bladder infection. The baby is feet down so that's why I am feeling lots of lovely bladder kicks! I hope he/she turns soon because those tiny toes are resting on a delicate area. The baby seems to be mild mannered & I haven't felt any hard punches yet. Maybe it's all the extra belly padding? ;)
My last doctor appt. went very well. The doctor was much nicer & we had a nice chat. She said my belly was a perfect size and she wasn't concerned with my weight. Take that all you people who keep asking if it's twins! I think I'm going to sock my boss if she says "it's twins" one more time! I've had like 6 ultrasounds & there is only one giant baby in there! Ugh!
I took my glucose test & unfortunately I failed. I barely failed but now I have to take a 3 hour glucose test to make sure I don't have Gestational Diabetes. I'm pretty confident I'll pass but I'm still concerned that my sugar levels were so high. I've been trying to cut out sugar & salt the best I can. With the exception of a piece of Pan Dulce I am doing pretty good this week. I can't seem to control my craving for Pineapple & Bionicos though. Soooo good! I haven't had fries in quite awhile & that has been pure torture. Oh, how do I miss you dear french fries!
My baby shower is tentatively set for March 29th. I can't wait! I really wanted a co-ed shower but I added up all the guests & it would be the same size as our wedding. It's just too many people & too much stress to throw a big party like that again. I think it will end up being all the lovely women in our lives & our dads - and our brothers if they are interested. We couldn't leave them out. =)
Less than 100 days until my due date! 98 to be exact! Whooooo hooooooo! I have so many emotions & they change daily. Sometimes I feel complete panic, other times I glow with happiness & then there are time when I feel both emotions at once. It's so unbelievably crazy how amazing this whole experience has been. Even the yucky aspects of pregnancy (and there are many) have been a blessing. I could do without the hip pain, leg cramps, bloating, weight gain, exhausted, gas, cramping, nausea and all the other pregnancy perks but I know that when I see the babies face it will all be worth it. I keep wondering what he/she will look like! Stephen boasts that he did he part to make the baby cute! LOL! We will see...
My back is spasming so I am off to watch American Idol & convince Stephen to rub my back. =) I promise to post a belly pic soon & some photos of nursery decor that I am obsessed with.
Eek, baby is violently kicking on my bladder...maybe not so mild mannered after all! A soccer player, perhaps?
2 comments:
I am glad you have written again...and wow was it a long one. I'm getting so excited...sorry the baby keeps hitting the precious bladder!!!! Stay positive and I'm glad work is less stressful...Not too much longer till you can say...Hasta La Vista Baby!!!!
I am so excited to go down for your shower!
Post a Comment