Monday, November 17, 2008

Yucky So Cal smokey sky

My first baby items =)


My Baby Bump - 15 weeks & 3 days. I look huge already! Yikes!



The weekend went by way too fast as usual. We stayed inside for the most part due to the thick smoke caused by the wildfires. I really love the warm Santa Ana winds but they bring devastation every year. The smoke is still pretty thick so I skipped my morning walk across campus.

I thought I felt the baby move the other day - but I think it may have been gas or wishful thinking. There are so many unusual feelings going on in my belly that I can't distinguish anything. I had some pretty intense cramping on Saturday night but it has subsided so I think I'll just wait it out until my appointment a week from today. I have been pretty crampy this whole pregnancy & it's caused quite a bit of worry. I know things are stretching but I can't find anyone who has experienced cramping this extreme & this long into pregnancy. I hope I'm just being paranoid & that things are progressing normally. I have my AFP test on Monday so that is yet another thing to keep me up at night. The worry never ends.

I'm really looking forward to my 18-week ultrasound. Stephen will finally get to see & hear the baby. We have decided to not find out the sex so hopefully the tech doesn't accidentally slip! Or maybe I'm hoping the tech WILL accidentally slip. haha! Since my first pregnancy symptoms surfaced I was convinced this baby is a girl...but lately I have been second guessing my first instinct & I'm feeling a strong possibility that it's a boy. I always pictured myself the mom of boys so if this baby is indeed a little girl I will be really shocked - despite my early instinct. I keep imagining having a little girl & then I imagine having a little boy & I honestly don't know what I'd prefer. I'm so excited either way! No matter what the sex of the baby turns out to be I'm imagining it looking like a baby Stephen. It's so darn romantic to think that a little baby Stephen is growing in my belly. Does that sound creepy? LOL! I think it's pretty cool. I can picture him/her already!






1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I love the baby bump...and the babies first toy!!!! I remember waiting every day for the baby to move and thinking...oh that is the baby...maybe not...but when you feel the baby move for the first time you will realize you have been feeling him/her for a while. And the anxiousness is normal...at least it was for me. Remember I had Jimmy take me to the hospital 3 times b/c I thought my water broke..and one time I went in an ambulance. But I know your baby is going to perfect for you and Stephen and I think you are having a baby GIRL that looks like Stephen too!!!! I's so excited for you both....but you already know that. I can't wait to see our kids together...LOL!!!!